< Education Home
STEP 3: Make A Call
Call (615) 862-5177 between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Calling at least 4 weeks in advance is recommended.
Designate one individual to be the contact person representing your school. A field trip packet and confirmation will be sent to the designated school representative by email.
Don't Forget Lunch!
The Skyline Café is available for $20 for a 30-minute time slot (maximum seating is 66). Any group using the Skyline Café must reserve in advance. Groups may use the outside solar panel picnic area at no charge. During the peak season of March to May, ASC cannot guarantee that your class can eat together in the Skyline Café.
Groups may bring sack lunches from the school, but outside-prepared food (delivery pizza, fast food, etc.) is not permitted in the Science Center.
Box lunches are available for pre-order from the full-service Subway® restaurant located in the Skyline Café. Download an order form and fax directly to Subway at (615) 214-8200 at least three days in advance.
Visiting the Gift Shop
Your field trip is made complete with a stop at Adventure Science Center Gift Shop. Our gift shop has an irresistible selection of educational science toys and unusual items that kids of all ages enjoy! We invite you to shop, but please note the following guidelines to ensure a pleasant visit for all.
- Students must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Students must be brought in small groups of 10-15 at a time.
- Students coming into the gift shop without a chaperone will be asked to leave.
- Please do not enter the gift shop with your group until the previous group leaves.
- Please plan your trip accordingly to allow time for all to shop. To avoid a rush, consider scheduling small groups to visit the shop throughout your visit.
- Please inform your students that Tennessee sales tax (9.25%) applies to all gift shop purchases.
- Please ask students to have their money counted and neatly arranged before going to the register.
IN A HURRY? TRY ADVENTURE PACKS
No time for exploring the gift shop? ASC offers unique, pre-made Adventure Packs, containing fun science items that children are sure to love! Order in advance and ASC will have the packs ready to pick up on the day of your visit. Your students won't feel like they missed an opportunity to take home a souvenir of their visit to Adventure Science Center.
Adventure Packs are $5 per student and contain 3 to 4 items. Payment is due on the day of your visit or you may pre-pay by check, Visa, Discover, or MasterCard. Please note that the gift shop only accepts cash or credit card. A single check for the entire amount may be accepted if you call ahead and have pre-approved. Selections may vary based on available stock. Download an order form and place your order at least two weeks prior to your visit.
Step 4 - Make a Plan >