< Education Home
STEP 5: Make The Trip
Arrival and Departure
Get Ready to Go!
- Springtime is busy time! During the spring months, the bus lane and lobby areas can become congested, and check-in may take up to 20 minutes.
- Place students with the same program schedule on the same bus, so that they are ready to start their first activity right off the bus.
- Please arrive prepared with signed Code of Conduct Form, an accurate count of students and adults, and one single payment for the group.
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes before your group’s first scheduled activity.
- Make sure to distribute a copy of driving directions to everyone driving vehicles to ASC.
- Don't forget to give chaperones a completed chaperone guide filled out with their assignments and responsibilities. The guide also includes a map of ASC.
We’re Here! Now What?
- Please stay on your buses until an ASC greeter has conducted a brief orientation and indicates when to disembark.
- The designated school representative should take the single payment for the group to the front desk to process.
- ASC staff will distribute stickers for chaperones, and wristbands for students and chaperones.
Time to Go Back to School...
- Be sure everyone with your group knows what time to meet to get back on the buses and depart.
- We suggest gathering your group at the “Round-Up Area” near the front desk. Also be sure to leave any program evaluations and clipboards with a member of the ASC staff.
Last Minute Changes
If your group is delayed in transit, call (615) 862-5177 to notify Adventure Science Center of your late arrival. It may be necessary to cancel or shorten programs, or rearrange schedules, if possible. Lab fees, advance deposits and materials fees are non-refundable the day of the field trip.
Changes in final numbers on the day of the trip?
If your group size changes, call (615) 862-5177 as soon as possible. Extra adults or children who pay separately from the one group payment will be charged current regular general admission prices plus any planetarium and program fees (space permitting). Please note that processing extra payment transactions may lengthen the check-in process for your group as well as for others.
Back to Education Home >
- Cancellations received in writing (email accepted) 14 days prior to reservation day receive 100% of the deposit back, minus a $30 administration fee. ASC will retain the full deposit if cancellation is received less than seven days prior to reservation day.
- If a group cancels 14 days prior to reservation day and reschedules, the deposit and any planetarium program fees are transferred to the new date.
- Due to the purchase of specialized supplies for some programs and all labs, cancellation fees may apply for materials costs. There is a $50 non-refundable deposit for Bio-labs.
- Cancellations due to weather conditions that close the reserved school system and which are rescheduled will not be charged a cancellation fee.