Saturday, July 27
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD!
Adventure Science Center invites you to learn the science behind food from the farm to the table during “CHOMP!” – a special day exploring questions such as: What do flowers have to do with fruits and vegetables? Why are some people known as super-tasters? What is the chemistry of your morning cup of coffee?
Activities (included with general admission):
- Taste the difference the “Maillard Reaction” makes on coffee beans and what coffee would taste like without it! (Bongo Java)
- Sample free Blue Bell ice cream
- Meet some live chickens and learn how to raise chickens in your own backyard with UCAN (Urban Chicken Advocates of Nashville)
- Learn how to grow your own food with All Seasons Gardening & Brewing
- Find out how you can help support a healthy, just, and sustainable food system with Community Food Advocates.
- and much more...