August 7, 10:00am – 3:00pm
Join us for the second annual Backyard Bash – just in time to celebrate the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. Bring the whole family to soak up the last bit of summer with exciting Live Science demonstrations, backyard activities, and sports-inspired games! Some of your favorite Nashville teams & mascots may even make an appearance throughout the day.
- Live science shows will happen at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:30 pm at Galatic Gardens.
- Seven Cycle (Mobile Cycling Studio) will be hosting mini-cycling sessions for kids from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Challenge your athletic prowess with activities that test your hand-eye coordination, design and create a badminton shuttlecock from recycled materials, and construct your very own sports fan in the Innovation Incubator.
- Special guests like T. Rac from the Titans and Tempo from the Nashville Soccer Club will be on site along with the Titans cheerleaders and drumline!
- Metro Nashville Public Health Department will be hosting a vaccination pop-up with takeaway information and nurses available to answer questions.
Access to Backyard Bash is included in the price of a general admission ticket.
Vaccination Pop-up Details
- Vaccinations available: Johnson & Johnson (1 dose) and Pfizer (2 doses)
- Individuals who are 12 -15 years of age are approved for the Pfizer vaccine with a parent or guardians’ signature/consent. Individuals 16 years of age and older may consent for themselves.
- Those who choose the Pfizer vaccine will be able to go to any Health Department clinic for their second vaccine 21 days after the first one.
- MPHD will have education available for anyone who is interested in learning more and four nurses standing by to answer any questions.
- A general admission ticket is required to attend the COVID-19 vaccination pop-up.
Details are subject to change. The vaccine pop-up is run by Metro Public Health and the science center does not control this portion of the event.