We need your support
Members and guests are the heartbeat of Adventure Science Center. You also provide a critical source of operating revenue for the science center- thank you. Your support helps us serve the community.
You can continue to support us during these uncertain times by recognizing that we are a vital part of our community and the family experience in Nashville. Two-thirds of our revenue comes from admissions, gift shop sales, camps and school visits — which has been significantly impacted since March of 2020. The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic are vast. As a result of our closure, we have incurred a $2M financial loss to date, a number that will continue to grow until our attendance returns to more normal levels. This unforeseen setback threatens our ability to endure as an equitable, non-profit center for hands-on learning, serving nearly 400,000 guests each year, and providing free or reduced admission to more than 25,000 members from under-represented communities. We need your help to keep our pyramid lights shining bright!
How you can help
- Make a donation to support the museum.
- Text SCIENCE to 243725 to donate.
- Standard rates apply. Read the full terms and conditions.
- Create a Facebook fundraising campaign.
- Join, upgrade or renew your membership, or purchase a membership for another family or friend. Use code BONUS20 at checkout to receive 13 months for the price of 12!
- Purchase a museum gift card for an upcoming birthday, anniversary or celebration! Gift cards may be applied to memberships, the gift shop and more. Call (615) 401-5058 Thursday through Monday, 10 am to 3 pm, to purchase a gift card today.
- If you're already shopping on Amazon or at your local Kroger, Target, Publix and more, these companies will give back to the museum at no cost to you. Learn more.
- Learn more about IRA giving.
- Learn more about gifts of securities.
Thank you for being part of the ASC family. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
The CARES Act: New Charitable Giving Incentives
Signed into law on March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act ("CARES Act") provides increased tax incentives for charitable giving for both individuals and corporations. The CARES Act allows taxpayers who do not itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns to receive a tax deduction of up to $300 for cash donations to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, in addition to taking the "standard deduction" on their returns. Taxpayers who do itemize their deductions may now deduct up to 100% of their 2020 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) (increased from 60%). The corporate donation limit has been increased to 25% from 10% of taxable income.
As a non-profit organization, we rely on generous contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, and public agencies to support our various funding priorities. Admission prices only cover a portion of the services we provide. Gifts are welcome year-round and are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Your donation helps support Adventure Science Center’s education programs and exhibits, including school field trip for 66,000 students annually.
Adventure Science Center changes lives through extraordinary experiences in science and innovation. By joining our cause through a monetary gift you help:
- Inspire more than 74,000 school students.
- Empower more than 1,100 educators through professional development.
- Log more than 8,800 miles bringing science straight to the doorstep of schools, community centers, and libraries.
Interested in becoming a donor or learning more about our service to the community? Contact Kat Cloud, Chief Development Officer, at 615-401-5113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See how investing makes a difference at Adventure Science Center at Giving Matters.
Questions? We want to hear from you! Contact Kat Cloud, Chief Development Officer, at 615-401-5113 or email@example.com.
Adventure Science Center is committed to respecting the privacy of donors. The types of donor information that it collects and maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number and email address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions