Welcome back to the Adventure Science Center!
*Important Updates: Masks Required for Visitors 3 Years Old+*
In an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our employees and guests, we have made the decision as a private entity to require masks for all guests aged 3 and older with no exceptions. If you are an adult who is unable to wear a mask at this time, we ask that you refrain from visiting the museum until surrounding conditions have improved. Face shields are not a viable alternative. We appreciate your understanding. For more details regarding the COVID-19 situation in Nashville, please visit asafenashville.org. On this page, you will find everything you need to know regarding:
- Our updated hours and days of operation
- How (and why) to purchase advance tickets
- Our thorough cleaning procedures in response to COVID-19
- Upcoming activities and events to celebrate your return to the museum
- Temporary closures
But first, here is a welcome back message from Dr. Alex Jahangir, Adventure Science Center Board Member and Chair of Nashville’s COVID-19 Task Force.
Hours of Operation
We are open Thursday through Monday from 10am to 3pm, and Saturday until 6pm. We are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
In order to adhere to local and federal best practices, we will be reopening at 50% capacity and limiting the number of guests entering per hour. While we still welcome walk-up ticket buyers, purchasing admission in advance is the best way to ensure you and your family will have access to the museum.
*Follow the GA ticket link, then sign in or register at the top right corner of the page. Use the email address associated with your membership and your discount will be automatically applied.
General admission discounts are currently unavailable as we recover from the significant financial impacts of COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding!
Using guidance from local, state, and federal public health officials, we have implemented updated preventative safety measures to ensure that you and your children are safe and can focus on a fun learning experience. Below is an overview of our protocols:
- All employees and guests 3-years+ will be required to wear a cloth mask with no exceptions.
- All members and guests are strongly encouraged to reserve admission tickets online. Admission will move to a timed entry model with limited capacity each hour. Walk-ups may be turned away without pre-registration. View pricing >>
- Numerous hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipe stations will be available to guests throughout the museum.
- Planetarium shows will be available with reduced seating to allow for social distancing between groups. Masks will be required while in the Planetarium. View showtimes >>
- Signage throughout the building and verbal announcements will encourage guests to practice social distancing and hand washing. We ask that you respect other guests’ space by remaining at a distance of six feet.
- Plexiglass shields will be placed at all active service counters.
- Employees will disinfect service counters throughout the day.
- Exhibits and public spaces will be disinfected before the museum opens each day and throughout operating hours with hard surface disinfectant and a bleach solution.
- We have upgraded our air filtration system.
- Subway will clean tables and chairs as soon as they are cleared. There will be no self-service drink or frozen yogurt available, but a Subway team member will be happy to assist you.
- We ask that all families monitor temperatures at home before coming to the museum when at all possible. If your temperature is above 100.4 or you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
Guest health and safety is paramount to Adventure Science Center. Recently, we invested in technology to assist us in keeping the air and surfaces in the museum clean through an automated system, Puradigm, installed within our HVAC. The system adds both an extra layer of filtration and emits particles that neutralize viruses, bacteria, mold, and fungus in the air and on surfaces.
Puradigm®️ is the only pathogen management system of its kind to have been lab-tested for efficacy against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.*
- 94% reduction after 60 minutes
- 98% reduction after 4 hours
- Undetectable after 24 hours
*The study was carried out independently by the University of Florida College of Medicine’s Biosafety Level 3 laboratory.
Detailed schedule of cleaning
Hand sanitizer station locations (16 total):
- soundBox (1); Body Quest (2); Eureka Theatre (1); Destination Exploration (1); Tinker 2.0 (1); Light Bright (1); Lobby (3); Jack Wood Hall (1); Space Chase 1st Floor (2); Space Chase 2nd Floor (2); Nano (1).
Disinfectant wipe station locations (10 total):
soundBox (1); Body Quest (2); Destination Exploration (1); Tinker 2.0 (2); Space Chase 1st floor (2); Space Chase 2nd floor (1); Virtual Reality (1)
Daily disinfectant cleaning schedule:
8 – 10 a.m. – Entire museum, using disinfectant sprayer
12 – 3 p.m. – Roaming gallery wipe-down, using disinfectant wipes
Ongoing daily cleaning upon opening to the public:
- Eureka Theatre, Benson Lab, Green, Yellow and Blue classrooms will be disinfected after each use.
- Sudekum Planetarium seats will be disinfected after each show with a bleach solution.
- Innovation Incubator (i2) tables and chairs will be disinfected after each use.
- Full Motion Simulator and Moonwalk will be disinfected after each use.
- Live Science shows at Cosmic Rays tables and chairs will be disinfected after each show.
- Service counters and gift shop countertops and plexiglass shields will be disinfected throughout the day.
Procedures subject to change based on guidelines from the CDC and Metropolitan of Nashville Health Department.
Upcoming Activities & Events
Touch A Truck
** Please note: Touch A Truck on Saturday, March 27 was canceled due to the potential for inclement weather. Please email us if you’d like to move your tickets to April 3.
This year, we’re giving you THREE different opportunities to enjoy a wide variety of construction vehicles and heavy machinery on the following Saturdays: March 20, March 27, and April 3. Access to Touch A Truck will be included in the price of general admission.
Step into Nashville’s ultimate DIY workshop! We’ll provide the space and the resources and let your imaginations take it from there. We’re talking REAL tools, REAL materials, and the freedom to innovate and explore a wide range of gadgets and contraptions. This family-friendly experience celebrates the entire design process from brainstorming to building, to testing and evaluating, and offers custom experiences for inventors at any age. Let your inner hacker-maker-tinkerer-inventor-designer out!
- Moonwalk – Open 10am – 3pm; until 6pm on Saturday (currently closed for maintenance)
- Full Motion Simulator – Open 10am – 3pm; until 6pm on Saturday
- Timed tickets are available for purchase at the front desk. In order to sanitize between guests, time slots have been reduced to every 15 minutes.
- Virtual RealityMoonWalk (closed for maintenance)
- Adventure Tower (top floor only)
- Bees (Keeper’s Corner is still accessible, but there is not an active beehive at this time)
- I2 Maker Space (Thursday and Monday)
Live Science Shows
- 12:30 pm on weekdays
- 11:45 am 1:45 pm on weekends
Innovation Incubator (Maker Space)
- Open Saturday 10am – 4pm (last entry at 3pm), and Sunday 10am – 2pm (last entry at 1pm).
- Temporarily closed Thursday, Friday, and Monday.
- Capacity will be temporarily limited to 10 makers at a time.
- An adjusted entrance flow encourages guests to thoroughly wash hands before creating.
- Maker demonstrations will be available for guests who prefer hands-off fun.
Early Explorers – Mondays at 11:00am – Cosmic Rays Stage
Still have questions? Check our FAQs.