Advance ticket purchase is now required for this event. We have been watching the Davidson County COVID-19 Dashboard via ASafeNashville.org and are aware of the rise in active COVID-19 cases. As a result, we have decided to reduce the capacity of our Happy Noon Year event this Friday, December 31st from 10 am to 1 pm and will require advanced ticket purchase. Walk-up ticket purchases for the event will not be permitted in order to help us safely maintain the capacity that best allows for proper social distancing.
We are also strongly encouraging all visitors and staff to mask, regardless of vaccination status. If you or your children are not able to receive the vaccine/booster or comfortably wear an appropriate face covering, we ask that you not visit the science center at this time. Getting tested for COVID-19 before visiting friends and/or family or public places is another effective measure to help slow the spread.
We are dedicated to providing a fun and safe experience and appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Here’s to hoping for a better new year!
We made it to 2022!
Our annual, sell-out New Year's celebration is just around the corner. Can you believe it? Join us for a morning of games, activities, experiments, and more all leading up to our New Year's Eve "ball drop" at 12:00 pm (noon). Festivities will begin at 10:00 am and end at 1:00 pm, but the science center will remain open until 6:00 pm. It's a kid-friendly party that gets everyone to bed on time.
What to Expect:
- Floor Activities
- Feelin 22 - 2022 is sure to be the year of Taylor. It feels like the perfect night to make some Red-era inspired wearable art to celebrate 2022!
- Winter Olympics - The 2022 Winter Olympics will kick off in Beijing on February 4th. Get ready for the games with an Olympic-style engineering challenge.
- Year of The Tiger - 2022 will be the Year of the Tiger! Learn more about the Chinese Zodiac in Innovation Incubator and make a headpiece inspired by the animal of the year.
- Aquaculture - The United Nations has declared 2022 the Year of Aquaculture, aka Aquafarming. Stop by and find out what that means, and investigate some aquatic science!
- Pop Some Bubbly - A chemistry-inspired celebration of all things bubbly, fizzy, and sparkling!
- Live Science Shows @ 10:30 & 11:30
- Farewell 2021! Let’s send off 2021 in style with exciting fire and explosion-filled science! Find out what gives fireworks their bright colors and countdown together as we head into 2022!
This is a sell-out event. Event tickets are required for all guests and members. Purchase your tickets today to guarantee your spot at the party.