The "3" in CR3W, pronounced "crew," represents three E's: engage, explore, and explain. Students are encouraged to apply for the program as high school freshmen, which allows them to participate in YOUTH CR3W for four years.
The primary responsibilities of Youth CR3W include interpreting exhibits for guests, delivering discovery cart activities, and facilitating public programs and events. Youth CR3W members are also presented with the opportunity to participate in special STEM-based projects throughout the year.
Youth CR3W offers an opportunity to hone communication skills in a professional environment through gaining confidence with public speaking and leadership roles, discovering real-world business skills and etiquette, and developing a solid work ethic. The program allows students to explore their own evolving career interests in a way that has a positive community impact.
Being able to explain science to a wide range of ages is one of the primary skill sets developed throughout the Youth CR3W program. The sheer enthusiasm of Youth CR3W participants helps guests forge better connections with Science Center exhibits and programs.
- Enhance attitude, skills, knowledge, and appreciation for STEM classwork and careers
- Increase interest in learning, understanding of specific concepts, and inquiry skills
- Develop and refine social skills and valuable life skills
- Develop communication skills that boost self-image and the confidence needed to converse and interact with museum visitors
For Adventure Science Center:
- Increase educational value to schools and the community
- Add vitality to the visitor experience with an enthusiastic and professional on-floor youth presence
- Inform exhibit and program development for the teen audience
Broaden the Science Center's audience
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the Fall 2022/Spring 2023 cohort are being accepted now! The deadline to complete the application is November 1st, 2022 at 5pm. No applications will be accepted beyond the deadline. Click here to access the application.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Allie Bearer at email@example.com.