NOT TOO DARK. NOT TOO LOUD. JUST RIGHT.
Our sensory-friendly planetarium shows are great for guests with Autism spectrum disorder, sensory sensitivities, or young children. Everyone is welcome… even if you don’t have sensory needs
How are sensory-friendly showtimes different?
- We keep dim lights on to avoid darkness.
- We keep volume low to reduce loud sounds.
- We have relaxed house rules—it’s okay to make noise and move around the theater.
- We limit capacity for reduced crowds.
These are available during all shows (quantity limited). Ask at the theater!
- Noise reduction ear muffs
- Weighted lap blankets
- Social stories
- Stuffed animals
- Assistive listening devices
- White gloves to improve visibility of ASL interpreters’ hands*
We don’t see any upcoming Sensory Friendly Show shows on the schedule! Visit our full show schedule to see what’s playing soon! * If your party has an ASL interpreter, we’re happy to loan narration scripts and white gloves. If you need us to provide an interpreter, contact us two weeks ahead at Accessibility@AdventureSci.org.