Missing out on the MAD Bash fun? Here’s an activity you can tinker with at home and ‘wow’ your friends!
(noun) a three-dimensional picture made by a complex pattern of light (as laser light).
(noun) having all sides or faces equal <an equilateral triangle>.
(verb) to repair or adjust something in an unskilled or experimental manner.
- Thin plastic (i.e., projector sheets)
- Hot glue gun
- Equilateral triangle (for tracing)
- Permanent marker
- A screen (i.e., smartphone, tablet)
- Trace four equilateral triangles on your thin plastic using a ruler.
- Carefully cut the triangles out of the plastic.
- Tape the edges on one side of each of your triangles to form a pyramid, then cut the top of the pyramid to make the points flat.
- Carefully cut a square base to place at the bottom of your pyramid (larger side), and secure with tape.
- Use hot glue to secure the sides more permanently together, and remove tape – if desired – once the glue has dried.
- Go to YouTube and search “Hologram Jellyfish.” Place your pyramid with the smaller end on your screen and enjoy!